Thursday, December 06, 2007

PAC Recognitions

I have just returned from San Antonio College where I attended a Holiday Party hosted by The Ranger staff. During the party, "awards" were presented to people who have been helpful and nuturing to the Ranger's staff in a variety of categories.

I am pleased to report that PAC President Dr. Ana M. "Cha" Guzman; Carmen Velasquez, Scholarship Coordinator; and I received individual "Honorable Mentions" for "The Sure Thing" award. This award is "in recognition of (a) reliable source who always returns phone calls in a timelyl manner. This source never needs to receive more than one phone message to get back to a reporter."

I was also pleasantly surprised to receive an "Honorable Mention" for "The Informant" award. This award is "in recognition of our most informative source who never failed to take the time to explain every detail to student reporters and helped make sure each story was reported fully and accurately."